Bold indicates School of Criminal Justice author.
- Antinick, T.C. & Foran, D.R. (2018).Intra- and Inter-Element Variability in Mitochondrial and Nuclear DNA from Fresh and Environmentally Exposed Skeletal Remains.Journal of Forensic Sciences.
- Gurinskaya, A.L., Nalla, M.K., & Rafailova, D.K. (2018). Are private security guards capable of protecting life and property? Exploring Russian youth perceptions. Russian Journal of Criminology 12(3), 338-348.
- Smith, C.E. (2018). Law of Corrections. Routledge Handbook of Corrections in the United States (pp. 277-287). In O.H. Griffin & V.H. Woodward (Eds.), New York: Routledge.
- Kennedy, J.P. (2018). Asset misappropriation in small businesses. Journal of Financial Crime. 25(2), 369-383.
- Circo, G., Melde, C. & McGarrell, E.F. (2018). Fear, victimization, and community characteristics on citizen satisfaction with the police. Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies & Management.
- Morash, M., Kashy, D.A., Smith, S.W., & Cobbina, J.E. (2018). Is the Nature of Communication Relevant to the Supportiveness of Women’s Relationships With Probation and Parole Agents? International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology. 62(6), 1629-1647.
- Nalla, M.K., Meško, G., & Modic, M. (2018). Assessing police-community relationships: Is there a gap in perceptions between police officers and residents?. Policing and Society. 28(3), 271-190.
- Zeoli, A.M., McCourt, A., Buggs, S., Frattaroli, S., & Webster, D.W. (2018). Evidence that Gun Laws Can Reduce Intimate Partner Homicides. Translational Criminology Magazine. 14, 10-11.
- Carr, J. & Maxwell, S.R. (2017). Police Officers’ Perceptions of Organizational Justice and Their Trust in the Public. Police Practice and Research: An International Journal. 1-15.
- Grammich, C.A. & Wilson, J.M. (2018). The 2017 A-CAPP Center Brand Protection Strategy Summit: Issues and Best Practices in Partnership, Return on Investment, and E-Commerce. Center for Anti-Counterfeiting and Product Protection Paper Series. Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI.
- Maxwell, S.R., Zepeda, A. & Rzotkiewicz, A. (2017). Peers, Social Control, or Guilt? Self-Conscious Emotions as Explanation for Antisocial Behavior. Deviant Behavior.
- Morash, M., Kashy, D., Cobbina, J.E. & Smith, S.W. (2018). Characteristics and Context of Women Probationers and Parolees Who Engage in Violence. Criminal Justice and Behavior. 45(3), 381-401.
- Nalla, M.K., Hamm, J., Paek, S. (2018). Is Police Integrity an Important Predictor of Citizen Satisfaction in Police in Post-Colonial Emerging Democracies? The Case of India. Asian Journal of Criminology. 13(1), 19-34.
- Unnithan, P. & Nalla, M.K. (Eds). (2018). Violence Against Women in India. Oxon, UK: Routledge.
- DeJong, C., & St. George, S. (2017). Measuring Journal Prestige in Criminal Justice and Criminology. Journal of Criminal Justice Education.
- Demirkol, I.C., & Nalla, M.K. (2017). Sustaining police officers’ motivation in aviation security. Journal of Transportation Security. 10(3-4), 171-187.
- Nalla, M.K., & Gurinskaya, A. (2017). Common past – different paths: Exploring state regulation of private security industry in Eastern Europe and post-Soviet republics. International Journal of Comparative and Applied Criminal Justice. 41(4), 305-321.
- Nalla, M.K., Gurinskaya, A., & Rafailova, D. (2017). Youth Perceptions of Private Security Guard Industry in Russia. Journal of Applied Security Research. 12(4), 543-556.
- Nalla, M.K., Paek, S.Y., & Lim, S. (2017). The influence of organizational and environmental factors on job satisfaction among security guards in Singapore. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Criminology. 50(4), 548-565.
- Wilson, J.M. & Grammich, C.A. (2017). Prevalence, Form, and Function of Consolidated Public Safety Departments in the United States. Justice Research and Policy. 1-21.
- Kennedy, J.P. & Wilson, J.M. (2017). Clicking Into Harm’s Way: The Decision to Purchase Regulated Goods Online. American Behavioral Scientist. 61(11), 1358-1386.
- Adams, E.A., Morash, M., Smith, S.W., & Cobbina, J.E. (2017). Women’s Experience of Motherhood, Violations of Supervision Requirements and Arrests. British Journal of Criminology. 57(6), 1420-1441.
- Sullivan, B.A. & Wilson, J.M. (2017). An empirical examination of product counterfeiting crime impacting the U.S. military. Trends in Organized Crime. (20), 316-337.
- Sullivan, B.A., Wilson, J.M., & Militz, R.S. (2017). Illicit Market for Counterfeit Products at Small Businesses in Michigan. American Behavioral Scientist. 61(11), 1289-1312.
- Zeoli, A.M., McCourt, A., Buggs, S., Frattaroli, S., Lilley, D., & Webster, D.W. (2017). Analysis of the strength of legal firearms restrictions for perpetrators of domestic violence and their associations with intimate partner homicide. American Journal of Epidemiology.
- Zeoli, A.M., Malinski, R., & Brenner, H. (2017). The Intersection of Firearms and Intimate Partner Homicide in 15 Nations. Trauma, Violence, & Abuse (1-12).
- Zwickle, A. & Jones, K. (2018). Sustainability Knowledge and Attitudes – Assessing Latent Constructs. Handbook of Sustainability and Social Science Research. 435-451. In W.Leal Filho et al. (Ed), Cham Switzerland: Springer International Publishing.
- Morash, M., Kashy, D. A., Cobbina, J. E., & Smith, S. W. (2017). Characteristics and Context of Women Probationers and Parolees Who Engage in Violence. Criminal Justice & Behavior. 1-21.
- Holmstrom, A. J., Adams, E. A., Morash, M., Smith, S. W., & Cobbina, J. E. (2017). Supportive Messages Female Offenders Receive from Probation and Parole Officers About Substance Avoidance. Criminal Justice and Behavior. 1-22.
- McCall, M. A., McCall, M. M., & Smith, C. E. (2017). Criminal Justice and the U.S. Supreme Court’s 2015-2016 Term. Willamette Law Review. 53(2), 185-237.
- Lertpratchya, A. P., Besley, J. C., Zwickle, A., Takahashi, B., & Whitley, C. T. (2017). Assessing College as a Sustainability Communication Channel. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. 1-27.
- Pearson, A. L., Rzotkiewicz, A., Mwita, E., Lopez, M. C., Zwickle, A., & Richardson, R. B. (2017). Participatory mapping of environmental resources: A comparison of a Tanzanian pastoral community over time. Land Use Policy. 69, 259-265.
- Carter, D.L., Turner, J. (2017). Policy Development and Implementation of Legislation Permitting the Carrying of Concealed Handguns on College and University Campuses: Promising Practices. Washington, DC: BJA, U.S. Department of Justice & the National Center for Campus Public Safety.
- Goodson, M.V., Morash, M. (2017). Court-Involved Girls’ Perceptions of the Attainability of a Desired Possible Self and Its Connection to Past Adversity and Current Behavior. Feminist Criminology. 12(4), 384-404.
- Sullivan, B., Wilson, J.M., Kinghorn, R. (2017). Illicit Trade in Counterfeit Products: An Examination of the Opportunity-Risk Connection. Handbook of Research on Counterfeiting and Illicit Trade. In Chaudhry, P. (Ed), Cheltenham Glos, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Wilson, J.M., Grammich, C.A. (2017). Consolidation of Police and Fire Services in the United States. International Criminal Justice Review. 27(3), 203-221.
- Cavanagh, C., Cauffman, E. (2017). The longitudinal association of relationship quality and reoffending among first-time juvenile offenders and their mothers. Journal of Youth and Adolescence. 46(7), 1533-1546.
- Cavanagh, C., Cauffman, E. (2017). What they don’t know can hurt them: Mothers’ legal knowledge and youth re-offending. Psychology, Public Policy, and Law. 23(2), 141-153.
- Finn, M. A., Prevost, J., Braucht, G.S., Hawk, S., Meredith, T., Johnson, S. (2017). Home visits in community supervision: A qualitative analysis of theme and tone. Criminal Justice & Behavior. Online.
- Hamm, J.A., Liebler, J., Fischer, P. et al (2017). Fostering Public Trust in Law Enforcement in Michigan. Lansing, MI: Retrieved from Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards website.
- Hamm, J.A., Trinkner, R., Carr, J.D. (2017). Fair process, trust, and cooperation: moving toward an integrated framework of police legitimacy. Criminal Justice and Behavior.
- Nalla, M.K., Crichlow, V.J. (2017). Have the standards for private security guards become more stringent in the post 9/11 era? An assessment of security guard regulations in the US from 1982 to 2010. Security Journal. 30(2), 523-537.
- Sullivan, B.A., Wilson, J.M. (2017). An empirical examination of product counterfeiting crime impacting the U.S. military. Trends in Organized Crime.
- Sullivan, B.A., Wilson, J.M., Kinghorn, R. (2017). Partnerships and the Battle Against Product Counterfeits. East Lansing, MI: A-CAPP Backgrounder Series.
- Yuan, Y., Dong, B., Melde, C. (2017). Neighborhood context, street efficacy, and fear of violent victimization. Youth Violence and Juvenile Justice, 15(2), 119-137.
- Foran, D.R., Jesmok, E.M., Hopkins, J.M. (2017). Soil bacteria as trace evidence. Forensic Microbiology. In Carter, D.O., Tomberlin, J.K., Benbow, M.E., Metcalf, J.L. (Eds.), West Sussex, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd. 339-357.
- Kretser, H., Stokes, E., Wich, S., Foran, D.R., Montefiore, A. (2017). Technological Innovations Supporting Wildlife Crime Detection, Deterrence and Enforcement. Conservation Criminology In Gore, M. (Ed.) , West Sussex, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd. 157-178.
- Keven, J. B., Reimer, L., Katusele, M., Koimbu, G., Vinit, R., Vincent, N., Thomsen, E., Foran, D.R., Zimmerman, P.A., Walker, E.D. (2017). Plasticity of host selection by malaria vectors of Papua New Guinea. Parasites & Vectors, 10. 95-106.
- Gore, M. (Ed.). (2017). Conservation Criminology. West Sussex, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Moon, B., & Morash, M. (2017). Gender and General Strain Theory: A Comparison of Strains, Mediating, and Moderating Effects Explaining Three Types of Delinquency. Youth & Society. 49(4), 484-504.
- Moon, B., & Morash, M. (2017). A Test of General Strain Theory in South Korea: A Focus on Objective/Subjective Strains, Negative Emotions, and Composite Conditioning Factors. Crime & Delinquency. 63(6), 731-756.
- Fine, A., Donley, S., Steinberg, L., Cavanagh, C., Frick, P., Cauffman, E. (2017). Is the Effect of Justice System Attitudes on Recidivism Stable After Youths’ First Arrest? Race and Legal Socialization Among First-Time Youth Offenders. Law and Human Behavior. 41(2), 146-158.
- Fine, A., Donley, S., Miltimore, S., Frick, P.,Cavanagh, C., Steinberg, L.,Cauffman, E. (2017). And Justice for All: Determinants and Effects of Probation Officers’ Processing Decisions Regarding First-Time Juvenile Offenders. Psychology, Public Policy, and Law. 23(1), 105-117.
- PytlikZillig, L., Kimbrough, C., Shockley, E., Neal, T., Herian, M., Hamm, J.A., Bornstein, B.,Tomkins, A. (2017). A longitudinal and experimental study of the impact of knowledge on the bases of institutional trust. PLOS One. online April 17, 2017, 31 pp.
- Kennedy, J.P., Wilson, J.M., Labrecque, R. (2017). Towards a more proactive approach to brand protection: development of the Organisational Risk Assessment for Product Counterfeiting (ORAPC). Global Crime. online April 14, 2017, 24 pp.
- Sadler, R.C., Pizarro, J., Turchan, B.,Gasteyer, S.P., McGarrell, E. (2017). Exploring the spatial-temporal relationships between a community greening program and neighborhood rates of crime. Applied Geography. vol. 83, 13-26 pp.
- Sullivan, B., Chan, F., Fenoff, R., Wilson, J.M. (2017). Assessing and Building on Four Decades of Product Counterfeiting Research. Center for Anti-Counterfeiting and Product Protection Backgrounder Series.
- Wilson, J.M., Sullivan, B., Johnson, T., Fenoff, R., Kammel, K. (2017). Product Counterfeiting Legislation in the United States: A Review and Assessment of Characteristics, Remedies, and Penalties. Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology. 106(3), 521-564.
- Duan, R., Zwickle, A., Takahashi, B. (2017). A construal-level perspective of climate change images in US newspapers. Climatic Change, online April 3, 2017, 16 pp.
- Cobbina, J.E., Conteh, M., Emrich, C. (2017). Race, Gender, and Responses to the Police Among Ferguson Residents and Protesters. Race and Justice. online March 28, 2017, 28 pp.
- Lavin, R., Veenema, T., Calvert, W., Grigsby, S., Cobbina, J. (2017). Nurse Leaders’ Response to Civil Unrest in the Urban Core. Nursing Administrative Quarterly. 41(2), 164-169.
- Gunderson, L., Cosens, B.A., Chaffin, B.C., Arnold, C.A., Fremier, A.K., Hamm, J.A. (2017). Regime shifts and panarchies in regional scale social-ecological water systems. Ecology and Society. 22(1), 12.
- Morash, M., Kashy, D.A., Smith, S.W., Cobbina, J.E. (2017). Is the Nature of Communication Relevant to the Supportiveness of Women’s Relationships With Probation and Parole Agents?. International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology. Online Feb 16, 2017, 19 pp.
- Nalla, M.K.& Cobbina, J.E. (2017). Environmental factors and job satisfaction: The case of private security guards. Security Journal. 30(1), 215-226.
- Wilson, J.M. (2017). The future of brand protection: responding to the global risk. Journal of Brand Management. Online Feb 28, 2017, 13 pp.
- Wilson, J.M., Sullivan, B.A., Johnson, T., Fenoff, R., Kammel, K. (2017). U.S. Product Counterfeiting Legislation: A Look at the Variation in State Laws Governing Trademark Counterfeiting. Brand Protection Professional. 2(1), 30-33.
- Hamm, J.A. (2017). Trust, Trustworthiness, and Motivation in the Natural Resource Management Context. Society & Natural Resources. online February 13, 2017. 15 pp.
- Kennedy, J. (2016) Proposed Solutions to the Brand Protection Challenges and Counterfeiting Risks Faced by Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Journal of Applied Security Research. online September 8, 2016.
- Park, S. & Morash, M. (2017) An Exploratory Study of Influences on Vulnerabilities to Family Violence Among Vietnamese Wives Who Marry South Korean Men. Critical Criminology. 25(1), 1-19.
- Nalla, M., Yong-Tae, C., Paek, S.Y. (2016). Police Perceptions of Cybercrime in South Korea: Implications for Combating Cyberterrorism and Cooperation with Private Security. Korean Journal Security Convergence Management. vol. 5, pp 75-91.
- Wilson, J.M. (2016). Interview with the U.S. Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator (IPEC): Danny Marti. Brand Protection Professional. 1(2), 14-19.
- Kennedy, J.P. & Wilson, J.M. (2017). Liabilities and Responsibilities: Ocean Transportation Intermediaries (OTIs) and the Distribution of Counterfeit Goods. Maritime Economics & Logistics. online February 17, 2017.
- Sullivan, B.A., Chan, F., Fenoff, R., Wilson, J.M. (2016). Assessing the Developing Knowledge-Base of Product Counterfeiting: A Content Analysis of Four Decades of Research. Trends in Organized Crime. online December 30, 2016.
- Zeoli, A.M., Frattaroli, S., Roskam, K., Herrera, A.K. (2017). Removing Firearms from Those Prohibited from Possession by Domestic Violence Restraining Orders: A Survey and Analysis of State Laws. Trauma, Violence & Abuse. online January 1, 2017, 12 pp.
- Berg, M.T. & Cobbina, J.E. (2016). Cognitive Transformation, Social Ecological Settings, and the Reentry Outcomes of Women Offenders. Crime & Delinquency. online August 2016. 25 pp.
- Finn, M.A. & Stalans, L.J. (2017) Managers’ Rules About Sex Workers’ Health and Safety in the Illicit Online Sex Market: Considering Profits and Risks. Third Party Sex Work and Pimps in the Age of Anti-trafficking. Chapter 5 (pp 89-110) , A. Horning & A. Marcus, (Ed.). Springer, NY.
- Nalla, M.K., Maxwell, S.R., & Mamayek, C.M. (2017) Legitimacy of Private Police in Developed, Emerging, and Transitional Economies. European Journal of Crime, Criminal Law, & Criminal Justice. Online first, January 2017, pp 76-100.