Bold indicates School of Criminal Justice author.
- Hamm, J.A. (2017). Trust, Trustworthiness, and Motivation in the Natural Resource Management Context. Society & Natural Resources. online February 13, 2017. 15 pp.
- Kennedy, J. (2016) Proposed Solutions to the Brand Protection Challenges and Counterfeiting Risks Faced by Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Journal of Applied Security Research. online September 8, 2016.
- Park, S. & Morash, M. (2017) An Exploratory Study of Influences on Vulnerabilities to Family Violence Among Vietnamese Wives Who Marry South Korean Men. Critical Criminology. 25(1), 1-19.
- Nalla, M., Yong-Tae, C., Paek, S.Y. (2016). Police Perceptions of Cybercrime in South Korea: Implications for Combating Cyberterrorism and Cooperation with Private Security. Korean Journal Security Convergence Management. vol. 5, pp 75-91.
- Wilson, J.M. (2016). Interview with the U.S. Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator (IPEC): Danny Marti. Brand Protection Professional. 1(2), 14-19.
- Kennedy, J.P. & Wilson, J.M. (2017). Liabilities and Responsibilities: Ocean Transportation Intermediaries (OTIs) and the Distribution of Counterfeit Goods. Maritime Economics & Logistics. online February 17, 2017.
- Sullivan, B.A., Chan, F., Fenoff, R., Wilson, J.M. (2016). Assessing the Developing Knowledge-Base of Product Counterfeiting: A Content Analysis of Four Decades of Research. Trends in Organized Crime. online December 30, 2016.
- Zeoli, A.M., Frattaroli, S., Roskam, K., Herrera, A.K. (2017). Removing Firearms from Those Prohibited from Possession by Domestic Violence Restraining Orders: A Survey and Analysis of State Laws. Trauma, Violence & Abuse. online January 1, 2017, 12 pp.
- Berg, M.T. & Cobbina, J.E. (2016). Cognitive Transformation, Social Ecological Settings, and the Reentry Outcomes of Women Offenders. Crime & Delinquency. online August 2016. 25 pp.
- Finn, M.A. & Stalans, L.J. (2017) Managers’ Rules About Sex Workers’ Health and Safety in the Illicit Online Sex Market: Considering Profits and Risks. Third Party Sex Work and Pimps in the Age of Anti-trafficking. Chapter 5 (pp 89-110) , A. Horning & A. Marcus, (Ed.). Springer, NY.
- Nalla, M.K., Maxwell, S.R., & Mamayek, C.M. (2017) Legitimacy of Private Police in Developed, Emerging, and Transitional Economies. European Journal of Crime, Criminal Law, & Criminal Justice. Online first, January 2017, pp 76-100.
- Stalans, L.J. & Finn, M.A. (2016). Defining and Predicting Pimps’ Coerciveness Toward Sex Workers: Socialization Processes. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. online 11/1/16, 24 pp.
- Gore, M., Zwickle, A., Hamm, J.A. & Etter, D. (2016). Using New Methods in Risk Communication to Improve Invasive Species Management in Michigan. Michigan Applied Public Policy Brief. December 2016, 39 pp.
- Kruger, D.J., Crichlow, V.J., McGarrell, E., Hollis, M., Jefferson, B.M., Reischl, T.M. & Zimmerman, M.A. (2016). Perceptions of Procedural Justice Mediate the Relationship between Local Violent Crime Density and Crime Reporting Intentions. Journal of Community Psychology. 44(6), 807-812.
- McCall, M.A., McCall, M.M. & Smith, C.E. (2016). Criminal Justice and the 2014-2015 United States Supreme Court Term. South Dakota Law Review. vol. 61, pp 242-279.
- Carter, N.H., Lόpez-Bao, J.V., Bruskotter, J.T., Gore, M., Chapron, G., Johnson, A., Epstein, Y., Shrestha, M., Frank, J., Ohrens, O. & Treves, A. (2016). A conceptual framework for understanding illegal killing of large carnivores. The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. online 11/16/16. 14 pp.
- Rizzolo, J.B., Gore, M.L., Ratsimbazafy, J.H. & Rajaonson, A. (2016). Cultural influences on attitudes about the causes and consequences of wildlife poaching. Crime, Law and Social Change. online 11/28/16, 23 pp.
- Zhuang, J., Cox, J., Cruz, S., Dearing, J.W., Hamm, J.A. & Upham, B. (2016). Environmental Stigma: Resident Responses to Living in a Contaminated Area. American Behavioral Scientist. 60(11), 1322-1341.
- Kennedy, J.P., Haberman, C.P. & Wilson, J.M. (2016). Occupational Pharmaceutical Counterfeiting Schemes: A Crime Scripts Analysis. Victims & Offenders. online 11/29/16. 19 pp.
- Circo, G.M., Pizarro, J.M. & McGarrell, E.F. (2016). Adult and Youth Involvement in Gun-Related Crime: Implications for Gun Violence Prevention Interventions. Criminal Justice Policy Review. online 06/28/16.
- Rydberg, J., Stone, R. & McGarrell, E.F. (2016). Utilizing Incident-Based Crime Data to Inform Strategic Interventions: A Problem Analysis of Violence in Michigan. Justice Research and Policy. online 11/4/16. 25 pp.
- Wilson, J.M. & Grammich, C. (2016). Police Consolidation and Shared Services: Identifying, Developing and Sharing Lessons. Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC.
- Wilson, J.M. & Grammich, C. (2016). How Global Firms Organize for Brand Protection. Brand Protection Professional. 1(1), pp 34-36.
- Whitley, C.T., Takahashi, B., Zwickle, A., Besley, J.C. & Lertpratchya, A.P. (2016). Sustainability behaviors among college students: an application of the VBN theory. Environmental Education Research. online 10/27/16. 18 pp.
- Suttmoeller, M.J., Chermak, S.M. & Freilich, J.D. (2016). Only the Bad Die Young: The Correlates of Organizational Death for Far-Right Extremist Groups. Studies in Conflict & Terrorism. 39(6), 447-499.
- Ellis, N.S., Dow, S.B. & Safavian, D. (2015). Use of Firrea to Impose Liability in the Wake of the Global Financial Crisis: A New Weapon in the Arsenal to Prevent Financial Fraud. University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law. 18(1), 119-162.
- Goodson, M.V. & Morash, M. (2016). Court-Involved Girls’ Perceptions of the Attainability of a Desired Possible Self and Its Connection to Past Adversity and Current Behavior. Feminist Criminology. online 9/1/16. pp21.
- Stone, R., Morash, M., Goodson, M., Smith, S. & Cobbina, J. (2016). Women on Parole, Identity Processes, and Primary Desistance. Feminist Criminology. online 9/26/16. pp22.
- Hwang, E., Yun, I. & McGarrell, E.F. (2016). A Comparative Study of Fear of Crime among Korean Immigrants in the United States and Native Koreans in South Korea. African & Asian Studies. 15(1), 53-76.
- Kruger, D.J., Crichlow, V.J., McGarrell, E.F., Hollis, M, Jefferson, B., Reischl, T.M. & Zimmerman, M.A. (2016). Perceptions of procedural justice mediate the relationship between local violent crime density and crime reporting intentions. Journal of Community Psychology. 44(6), 807-812.
- Smith, C.E. (2016). The Supreme Court and the Development of Law: Through the Prism of Prisoners’ Rights. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Smith, C.E. (2016). The U.S. Supreme Court and the Nation’s Post-Ferguson Controversies. University of Miami Race & Social Justice Law Review. vol. 6 Summer 2016, pp 55-83.
- Heeren, A.J., Singh, A.S., Zwickle, A., Koontz, T.M., Slagle, K.M. & McCreery, A.C. (2016). Is sustainability knowledge half the battle? An examination of sustainability knowledge, attitudes, norms, and efficacy to understand sustainable behaviors. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. 17(5), 613-632.
- Cobbina, J.E., Nalla, M.K., & Bender, K.A. (2016). Security officers’ attitudes towards training and their work environment. Security Journal, 29(3), 385- 399.
- Foran, D.R. & Ray, R.L. (2016). Mitochondrial DNA Profiling of Illegal Tortoiseshell Products Derived from Hawksbill Sea Turtles. Journal of Forensic Sciences. 61(4), 1062-1066.
- Jesmok, E.M., Hopkins, J.M., & Foran, D.R. (2016). Next-Generation Sequencing of the Bacterial 16S rRna Gene for Forensic Soil Comparison: A Feasibility Study. Journal of Forensic Sciences. 61(3), 607-617.
- Wilson, J.M. & Grammich, C.A. (2016). Adopting Alternative Models of Police Service in Small US Communities. Policing. online June 5, 2016, pp13.
- Gore, M.L., Ratsimbazafy, J., Rajaonson, A., Lewis, A., & Kahler, J.S. (2016). Public perceptions of poaching risks in a biodiversity hotspot: Implications for wildlife trafficking interventions. Journal of Trafficking, Organized Crime and Security. 2(1), 1-20.
- McCarthy, S., Tambe, M., Kiekintveld, C., Gore, M.L., & Killion, A. (2016). Preventing Illegal Logging: Simultaneous Optimization of Resource Teams and Tactics for Security. Proceedings of the Thirtieth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence. AAAI-16.
- Smith, C.E. (2016) What If?: Human Experience and Supreme Court Decision Making on Criminal Justice. Marquette Law Review. (99), 813-839.
- Sullivan, B.A. & Wilson, J.M. (2016). Counterfeit Parts in the U.S. Department of Defense Supply Chain. Center for Anti-Counterfeiting and Product Protection Backgrounder Series.
- Wilson, J.M. & Sullivan, B.A. (2016). Measuring Product Counterfeiting: Insights from Current Research and Practice. Center for Anti-Counterfeiting and Product Protection Backgrounder Series.
- Wilson, J.M. & Sullivan, B.A. (2016). Brand owner approaches to assessing the risk of product counterfeiting. Journal of Brand Management. (23) 327
- Wilson, J.M., Grammich, C., & Chan, F. (2016). Organizing for brand protection and responding to product counterfeit risk: An analysis of global firms. Journal of Brand Management. (23), 345.
- Wilson, J.M., Hollis, M., & Grammich, C. (2016). Consolidated Public Safety Departments: A Census and Administrative Examination. U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.
- Wilson, J.M., Sullivan, B.A., & Hollis, M. (2016). Measuring the Unmeasurable: Approaches to Assessing the Nature and Extent of Product Counterfeiting. International Criminal Justice Review, online April 2016.
- Wilson, J.M., Weiss, A., & Grammich, C. (2016) Essentials for Leaders: Public Safety Consolidation – A Multiple Case Study Assessment of Implementation and Outcome. U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.
- Wilson, J.M., Weiss, A., & Grammich, C. (2016) Public Safety Consolidation: A Multiple Case Study Assessment of Implementation and Outcome. U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.
- Cornacchione, J., Smith, S.W., Morash, M., Bohmert, M.N., Cobbina, J.E., & Kashy, D.A. (2016). An exploration of female offenders’ memorable messages from probation and parole officers on the self-assessment of behavior from a control theory perspective. Journal of Applied Communication Research. 44(1), 60-77.
- Smith, S.W., Cornacchione, J.J., Morash, M., Kashy, D., & Cobbina, J.E. (2016). Communication Style as an Antecedent to Reactance, Self-Efficacy, and Restoration of Freedom for Drug- and Alcohol-Involved Women on Probation and Parole. Journal of Health Communication. vol. 21, 504-511.
- Morash, M. (2016) The Nature of Co-Occurring Exposure to Violence and of Court Responses to Girls in the Juvenile Justice System. Violence Against Women. 22 (8), 923-942.
- Cobbina, J.E., Like, T.Z., & Miller, J. (2016). Gender-Specific Conflicts among Urban African-American Youth: The Roles of Situational Context and Issues of Contention. Deviant Behavior. online Apr 21, 2016, pp 21.
- Cobbina, J.E. (2016). Ferguson Residents and Protesters Views about Police Perceptions of Race and Crime. Berkeley Journal of Sociology. online Apr 14, 2016, pp 9.
- Carter, D.L. & Carter, J.G. (2016). Effective Police Homicide Investigations: Evidence from Seven Cities with High Clearance Rates. Homicide Studies. 20 (2), 150-176.
- Gore, M.L., Lute, M.L., Ratsimbazafy, J.H., & Rajaonson, A. (2016). Local Perspectives on Environmental Insecurity and Its Influence on Illegal Biodiversity Exploitation. PLOS one. Apr 15, 2016, pp 14.
- Lute, M.L., Navarrete, C.D., Nelson, M.P., & Gore, M.L. (2016). Moral dimensions of human-wildlife conflict. Conservation Biology. online Apr 8, 2016, pp 31.
- Triezenberg, H.A., Riley, S.J., & Gore, M.L. (2016). A Test of Communication in Changing Harvest Behaviors of Deer Hunters. The Journal of Wildlife Management. online Apr 227, 2016, pp 6.
- Stalans, L.J. & Finn, M.A. (2016). Consulting Legal Experts in the Real and Virtual World: Pimps’ and Johns’ Cultural Schemas about Strategies to Avoid Arrest and Conviction. Deviant Behavior. online, Mar 17, 2016.
- PztlikZillig, L.A., Hamm, J.A., Shockley, E., Herian, M.N., Tess, M.S., Kimbrough, C.D., Tomkins, A.J, & Bornstein, B.H. (2016). The dimensionality of trust-relevant constructs in four institutional domains: results from confirmatory factor analyses. Journal of Trust Research. online Mar 31, 2016, pp 40.
- Hipple, N.K., McGarrell, E.F., O’Brien, M., & Huebner, B. (2016). Gun crime incident reviews as a strategy for enhancing problem solving and information sharing. Journal of Crime and Justice. online Mar 9, 2016, pp 18.
- Nalla, M.K. & Mesko, G. (2016). What Shapes Security Guards’ Trust in Police? The Role of Perceived Obligation to Obey, Procedural Fairness, Distributive Justice, and Legal Cynicism. Journal of Criminal Investigation and Criminology. 66 (4), 307-318.
- Cobbina, J.E., Owusu-Bempah, A., & Bender, K. (2016). Perceptions of Racialization of Crime among Ferguson Residents and Protestors. Journal of Crime and Justice. 39 (1), 210-229.
- Cole, G.F., Smith, C.E., & DeJong, C. (2015). The American System of Criminal Justice 15th Edition. Cengage Learning.
- Jager, C., Nelson, M.P., Goralnik, L., & Gore, M.L. (2016). Michigan Mute Swan Management: A Case Study to Understand Contentious Natural Resource Management Issues. Human Dimensions of Wildlife – An International Journal. online Feb 8, 2016, pp 14.
- Rinkus, M.A., Dobson, T., Gore, M.L., & Dreelin, E.A. (2016). Collaboration as process: a case study of Michigan’s watershed permit. Water Policy. vol 18, 182-196.
- Morash, M., Kashy, D.A., Smith, S.W., & Cobbina, J.E. (2016). The Connection of Probation/Parole Officer Actions to Women Offenders’ Recidivism. Criminal Justice and Behavior.
43 (4), 506-524.
- Wilson, J.M. & Kinghorn, R. (2016). A Total Business Approach to the Global Risk of Product Counterfeiting. Global Edge Business Review.10 (1), 1-6.
- Hamm, J.A., Hoffman, L., Tomkins, A.J. & Bornstein, B.H. (2016). On the influence of trust in predicting rural land owner cooperation with natural resource management institutions. Journal of Trust Research. online, pp 26.
- Hamm, J.A., Wylie, L.E. & Brank, E. (2016). Measuring Older Adult Confidence in the Courts and Law Enforcement. Criminal Justice Policy Review. online, pp 16.
- Wilson, J.M. & Grammich, C.A. (2015). Deconsolidation of Public Safety Agencies Providing Police and Fire Services. International Criminal Justice Review. 25 (4), 361-378.
- Grammich, C.A. & Wilson, J.M. (2016). The 2015 A-CAPP Center Brand Protection Strategy Summit: Learning From Partnerships. Center for Anti-Counterfeiting and Product Protection Paper Series.
- Hollis, M.E. & Wilson, J.M. (2015). Police Staffing Levels: Disaggregating the Variation. Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies & Management. 38 (4), 820-839
- Zeoli, A.M., Malinski, R. & Turchan, B. (2016). Risks and Targeted Interventions: Firearms in Intimate Partner Violence. Epidemiologic Reviews.