Courses are offered entirely online, and are taught by the same faculty members who are involved in the on-campus program. A number of online support services are available to assist students.
Courses are available to the following persons:
- Current MSU graduate students who are enrolled in on-campus or online programs
- Practitioners and others who wish to earn credits toward a related degree program at MSU or another institution (Lifelong Education)
- Anyone who wishes to earn a certificate for professional development and career enhancement (Lifelong Education)
To obtain the certificate, students must successfully complete the following coursework:
and one of the following:
- CJ 809 - Issues in Criminal Justice: Public/Private Partnerships in Emergency Preparedness and Homeland Security 3 Credits
- CJ 890 - Independent Study 3 Credits
Students interested in doing an Independent Study should contact Dr. Mahesh Nalla at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for Online Certificate
Once students enroll in their third class, they will need to fill out an application for the certificate. After enrollment and passing grades are confirmed, the certificate will be mailed to the address provided.
Description of Courses
CJ 809 – Issues in Criminal Justice
Special issues in criminal justice research and management.
CJ 885 – Security Management
Organization and management of security operations in business, industry, and government.
CJ 886 – Security Administration
Administrative and quantitative techniques for security operations. Statistical analyses. Analysis of financial statements. Operations research and computer techniques.
CJ 890 – Independent Study
Individual research and writing under faculty supervision.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are not enrolled in a degree-granting program at Michigan State University, you will need to enroll as a Lifelong Education student. You will find information about Lifelong Education at reg.msu.edu under the Enrollment & Registration tab.
Lifelong Education students will need assistance enrolling, and can contact Melissa Christle at 517-353-7133 or email@example.com for help.